News & Events1. 2013 State Budget Submission
2. Board Training Sessions
3. Members Week - May 2013
4. Counting cost of social even...
5. Women inspired to reach for ...
6. Leadership Helping Hand
7. Nicole Understands Challenge
8. Workers adopt new life cycle
9. Looks do matter in the offic...
10. View Recent | View Events
WOMAN OF THE WEEK
22 April Louisa Wall
The YWCA of Adelaide Policy Platform was launched in April 2009 after two years of research, face to face consultations, and surveys where we listened to more than 1000 women.
Of those who participated in the face to face consultations:
- 70% aged 12-30
- 18% CALD backgrounds
- 7% Aboriginal
- 82.5% metropolitan
- 15% regional/rural
- 2.5% homeless
As informed by the choices of those who participated, the YWCA of Adelaide Policy Platform priority areas are:
- violence against women and girls
- self image
- gender role stereotypes