News & Events1. 2013 State Budget Submission
2. Board Training Sessions
3. Members Week - May 2013
4. Counting cost of social even...
5. Women inspired to reach for ...
6. Leadership Helping Hand
7. Nicole Understands Challenge
8. Workers adopt new life cycle
9. Looks do matter in the offic...
10. View Recent | View Events
WOMAN OF THE WEEK
22 April Louisa Wall
Power of Programs: Employment Programs
Australian Apprenticeship Access Program – Introduction to Retail
The Australian Apprenticeships Access Program is not just about training, or an Apprenticeship, it’s about giving you the skills you need to start building your future.
The Australian Apprenticeships Access Program helps you to become ‘job ready’ by providing you (eligible jobseekers) with free:
- Apprenticeship and job preparation
- Industry training
- Connections with actual employers
- On-the-job support to help you settle in for your first 13 weeks
- Plenty of great jobs to choose from
You will receive nationally accredited training delivered by a Nationally Recognised Registered Training Organisation (DOME) from the Certificate II in Retail.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for you to be competent in a range of activities and functions requiring basic retail operational knowledge and practical skills. The skills and knowledge that you gain from this program will be useful in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail fast food outlets.
The Program will be conducted over 5 weeks and throughout this time, you are referred to interviews for any suitable traineeship positions that are available.
YWCA of Adelaide is commencing this program on the 8th October 2012. Information session on this program is held on the 25/9/12 at HIVE 12-Twenty Five (from 10- 12pm).
If you are a jobseeker please download this flyer
If you are an Employer please download this flyer
For more information, please contact Wendy Looi-Penhall on 8203 9405 or
Women@Work is a women’s only art-based, educational program to increase confidence
and identify the skills you need to obtain employment. The program is suitable for all unemployed
women, whether you’ve been out of work for a long time or a short time. Mature women who have
never been employed will benefit, as well as young women just entering the workforce.
Women@Work has helped many long term unemployed women to find new motivation and inspiration to succeed in their job seeking. Using art therapy and traditional education techniques, you are guided through self development exercises, discussion and a range of activities.
What topics are covered?
• Personal skills
• Self esteem
• Communication techniques
• Conflict resolution
• Stress management
• Goal setting
• Overcoming fears & barriers
• Employment expectations
• Value of work
• Job & workplace research
• Resume development
• Interview techniques & rehearsals
How long is the program?
Women@Work is a 30 hour program, delivered over 5 days, 9:30am to 3:30pm. Lunch is provided.
Benefits to participants:
• Opportunity to learn and practice the core skills you require for effective job seeking
• The program is run by supportive facilitators who understand the issues that affect a woman’s ability to gain employment
• Each day includes a fun art activity, self discovery and learning about your individual skills and how to apply them in the workplace
• Builds women’s confidence and self esteem and breaks down barriers to employment
What do participants think about Women@Work?
“This course is great. You get to learn a lot of valuable things for when it comes to
looking for work, or even skills to apply to everyday life. I learnt about skills I didn’t
even know I had and it opened my eyes to different avenues to search for work.”
“You can develop your knowledge about jobs and your life. It makes you clear
about your goals.”
“This course provides you with a range of information you need to assist you in
gaining work or study. Also, it’s positive and inviting.”
For more information contact Caralyn Lammas on 8203 9410 or